Candle safety/ Care
1. When lighting a soy candle for the very first time its important to allow the wax to melts all the way to the edges of the jar. This first burn should last as long as it to do this. If you don't allow the wax to pool on the first burn you may get wax remaining along the sides of your candle.
2.Trim wick to 2mm before each burn to promote an even burn, safety flame and limit sooting/ mushrooming of the wick.
3. If soot forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth, trim the wick and relight.
4. Keep wax pool free of wick trimming, matches and debris at all times.
5. Extinguish candle with a snuffer or dip wick into melted wax then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
6. Droughts decrease burn times, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
7. Efficient burning means flame is not flicking, teardrop shaped and upright.
8. Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers or the flame become too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for draft before relighting.
9. Maximizing scent throw- open windows/doors will disperse scent. For maximum fragrance keep closed and burn in desired space for 30mins before entering.
10. Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Scented candles also look great store under a glass cloche, which also protects from dust.
11. You can remove dust and fringerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a pieace of nylon or soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly damped with water.
12. Always read and follow the manufactures use and saftey instructions carefully. Dont burn a candle longer than the manufactures recommeds.
13. Keep away from children, pets and flammable materals.
14. Candles are sensitive to temperature and sunlight. Store your candles upright in a cool place, away from direct sunlight.
15. Glass may become hot. Burn candle on a appropriate flat heat resistance surface.
16. Our candles are hand poured not mass produced. Although all efforts is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be different. When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may noticed darker patches or wet spots on your clear candle jars.
This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the glass 100% this dose not effect the candle in any way. Commercially made candles are prone to wet spots. If it is of a concern we recommend you to select a colour jar for your candle. The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven. This is a sign of natural soy wax being handed poured.
17. After your amazing homemade candles have been made, they require a minimum curing time before using. Letting the wax sit for a number of days/weeks for the fragrance to blind with wax and ensures a strong scent throw.
18. The good news is your melts/candles will be good before expiring they would provide you with a divine scent for 12 months/ years after purchase them. The longer you leave them to cure without using them the stronger the scent will be.